This is to inform prospective applicants that the new procedure for applying for Nigerian passport will commence from 1 October, 2017.
Applicants are advised to come with these documents listed below in accordance with the prescribed Nigeria Immigration requirements:
- Residence permit
- Work permit
- Photocopies of all documents
- Birth certificate (for the fresh applicant)
- Local government of origin (for the fresh applicant)
- Age declaration by the competent court in Nigeria (for the fresh applicant)
- Original certificate will be sighted
This is to remind applicant that the Embassy has NOT authorized any individual or company to assist applicants to make payment or process applications. The procedure is simple and accessible; the web portal is not managed by the Embassy. The website is still portal.immigration.gov.ng. Therefore, applicants are advised to have their complete documents before coming to the Embassy for processing.
Any applicant that decides to engage the service of any Visa/Passport processing Agent does that at his own risk.